Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Vintage Shoes Ad

Whilst googling last night I stumbled upon The National Library Australia - Australian News Papers Site site.  This is a wonderful site featuring digitised newspapers from 1803-1954.  The website has a standard search engine which helps you find the information you're looking for. While I was there I decided to type "Julius Marlow Warwick" in the search field and lo and behold, the shoe I found at St. Vinnies appears.  These ads appeared started appearing between 1949 right up until the mid fifties. I am not sure if they continued past then as the newspapers are only archived until 1954.  I will be posting more vintage fashion ads in the future. 



Judging from the above ads It appears that Julius Marlow at that time also offered some kind of made-to-measure service which I suppose was what the 60 available fittings means.  So this would mean that instead of stocking simply sizes 7-12, their shoes would also be offered in a range of  widths and sizes including half sizes. Unfortunately this company offers nothing even vaguely resembling the above ads in terms of style or breadth of fitting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment